If you are a new leader or have been leading for a long time, you know that it can be difficult to monitor progress or know if you’re doing the right thing. At times, it’s easy to become discouraged and doubt if God is working in your small group or question if your group members are moving in the right direction. To help you discern how God is working in your small group, use the Four Essentials to evaluate the health and growth of your group. As you build momentum and see God working, this is a win. Use these questions to challenge your group and focus on areas that need improvement.
SHARE OUR LIVES
- Did everyone talk?
- Do conversations move beyond the surface?
- Do group members stay connected during the week?
SERVE ONE ANOTHER
- Are group members taking ownership of the group?
- Do conversations encourage and build each other up?
- Does the group care for one another in big and small ways?
APPLY GOD’S WORD
- Are people engaged in God’s Word on their own?
- Does the group share scripture with each other?
- Do conversations focus on God and apply Scripture?
DEPEND ON GOD
- Is the group growing spiritually?
- Does your group spend time praying together?
- Do group members look for ways to live out their faith?